December 28, 2004
Recipe: Caramelized Parsnips Julienne
Albino carrots never tasted more singular.
5 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1-2 lb parsnips, peeled and thickly julienned
1 nectarine, sliced (optional)
1/4 cup whole cranberries
two pinches each of salt and freshly ground pepper, nutmeg and cardamom
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Whisk butter, white and brown sugar, salt and spices in a baking dish.
3. Toss in fruits and parsnips and garlic.
4. Cover and bake 20 to 30 minutes, until tender.
5. Uncover and broil until lightly browned.
6. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.
Posted by delire at December 28, 2004 12:15 AM