March 28, 2006
top ten, re: Nationalism
1. Lack of narcissistic delusion.
2. [Insert ethnicity here] experience is a valid national experience.
3. House of Parliament Sauce in every greasy spoon / corner store.
4. Sincere, wantless politesse.
5. Quiet voices and humble conversation.
6. Disdain for slapstick humour, except amongst fifteen year old boys.
7. Humour with a "u". "U" with double quotation marks.
8. French language usage not a basis for ten-time price markup.
9. Brown bread.
10. Political spectrum goes left / centre / right-leaning (rather than vice versa).
Idealism invalid in the province of Alberta.
Posted by delire at March 28, 2006 11:34 AM